Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Timothy!

I'm working on a long manuscript doing very close editing. (I am not an editor; I just play one from midnight to 4am!)

Periodically my brain requires a pause to reboot.

That's when I wander around the internet. Sometimes I read your blogs (see post below).
Sometimes I read sites I've got bookmarked. I recently discovered (like five hours ago) the benefits of googlereader for getting RSS feeds (thank you Yen Cheong).

I was clicking around bookdaddy.com which I now have on googlereader and found this lovely tribute to David Foster Wallace.

It's by Verlyn Klinkenborg and that reminded me of a great book he wrote that I read very very slowly because I did not want it to end.

And that is why this post is titled Timothy!

4 comments:

acpaul said...

I think it's funny that within hours of you saying that you read our blogs, your admitted followers jumped from forty-something to over sixty.

Jonathan E. Quist said...

Uh, 78 and counting.

Now I have to start maintaining my blog again. Drat!

Sabina E. said...

to tell you the truth, Ms. Reid, I never heard of David Foster Wallace until I read about his suicide on the news. But I have read on various website that he had written some great stuff. My birthday is next week and I hope to get a gift certificate card for Borders so maybe I will order one of his books =)

Jake Nantz said...

Ms. Reid,
What advice would you give to someone who has a google blogger account, but has a blog on livejournal? Just make the blogger a portal with a simple link to the other?

That's what I've done so far, at least...