Saturday, October 04, 2008

These boots are made for querying!

The ever delightful effervescent Miss Amy Tipton will be on a panel this coming Tuesday, October 7 at the Asian American Writers Association talking about how to secure a literary agent (duct tape is my suggestion).

Here's the announcement:

Tuesday, October 7, 7pm
The Practicing Writer: Monthly Career/Craft Talks
Panel: How To Get An Agent

Amy Tipton (FinePrint Literary Management)
Jin Auh (The Wylie Agency),
Ayesha Pande (Collins Literary Agency)

Where: The Workshop
Address: 16 West 32nd Street, 10th Floor
(btwn Broadway & 5th Avenue)

Cost: $5 suggested donation; open to the public

You'll be able to pick Amy out of any crowd; she's the one with the coolest ensembles. It's worth going to work every day just to see what she is wearing. Here is her footwear on Wednesday:

15 comments:

The Swivet said...

They ARE very Nancy Sinatra.

Haste yee back ;-) said...

10th Floor?!?! Oh, be still my heart!

I never go higher than a Deer Stand... 15 - 20 feet, max!

Haste yee back ;-)

Liana Brooks said...

I don't think Alabama has a Broadway and 5th. Considering I'm back past several Rural Routes if there is a Broadway and 5th in this state they aren't near me.

I think this is another event I'll have to skip.

Marc said...

I'll be honest: I skipped the post and went straight to that funky boot.

Lovely site, I'll be back!

Marc

Sabina E. said...

any woman who wears eccentric clothes and proud of it, is my hero.

courtney summers said...

And this is just one of many reasons why I call her ~*fierce*~.

Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OU7Nezg7Ls

Janet Reid said...

yea Sha'el thats exactly what goes on in our office every Friday afternoon.

Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...

I'm gullible. I belive every word.

Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...

Here's my well coordinated office staff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X1G9hXewK4

Sandra Cormier said...

That's what I love about New York City -- you can pay five bucks and rub elbows with key members of the publishing community.

Too bad it's a twelve hour drive away.

Love the racing stripes on the boots!

Julie Weathers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Weathers said...

Yes, those are lovely boots.

Which reminds me I have some bad news for you. I'm sorry, but, well...he shouldn't have rejected me.


The assistant.

Kiersten White said...

Someday I hope to be cool enough to wear boots like that.

astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

I, too, want boots that make my legs look 45 inches in length.